Thursday, February 18, 2016

My Visit to the Magnolia Market

If you know me, you know I am a HUGE Fixer Upper fan. I love Joanna Gaines' style, and think that Chip is hilarious. Their family is so cute, and the houses that they fix and design are stunning. So I have been wanting to go to Waco for a very long time. When they inaugurated the Magnolia Market at the Silos, I wanted to go so bad. I didn't get to go to the grand opening, but I did get to visit the store this past weekend. Yay! It was Valentine's weekend, so my hubby and I went on a road trip to Waco. I seriously felt as excited as I feel when I go to Disneyland.

Here is a picture of us on the road:

When we got to Waco, we went straight to In-N-Out, which is only 2 minutes away from the Magnolia Market. We live in the Houston area, and they don't have In-N-Out here, but they have one in Waco. Go figure! So we ate our yummy burgers and fries, then went to the Silos. You guys, that place is amazing! You can tell that Chip and Joanna put a lot of thought and love into it. I was there for at least two hours doing multiple laps around the store and looking at every little detail. 







The pictures don't do justice to the place. You have to go and look at it in person to understand why so many people love the Magnolia Market so much. I know that some people complain about the prices, but you obviously can't compare it to places like Hobby Lobby and Michael's. It's a big boutique. It's a one of a kind store. But you can still find good deals. I bought a lot goodies that were on sale. Just to give you an idea of prices, I bought some potted sage bushes that I had been wanting for a long time. They usually cost about $36 (not only at Magnolia Market, but also at other stores), and I bought them on sale for $21.60. I also bought flowers, vases, cotton stems, cake plates, a metal sign, ceramic birds, a wreath, a metal basket and one of the big Magnolia Farms tray. The entire purchase was less than $250. I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Here is a picture of my husband holding everything that we bought. Let's hope he never sees this picture posted here or I may be in big trouble. Haha...



After spending a very long time inside the store, I went outside to look around. The outside is SO pretty too. The garden is beautiful, and the silos themselves are gorgeous. They have food trucks, many picnic tables, and a big grass area for kids to play. I was lucky enough to be there at sunset, so the colors were perfect.






If you also love the show, you should go. The Magnolia Market is amazing, and Waco is a charming little town. Tomorrow I will post more about our trip to Waco. There are many other cute and cool places to check out. 

xoxo,
Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment